Coconut Lemon Cookie Recipe
Beat the summer heat with refreshing, melt in your mouth coconut lemon cookies inspired by our limited edition Coconut Lemon soap blend. Enjoy these zesty treats poolside or at a picnic in the park to satisfy your summer sweet tooth.
- 1 cup butter softened
- 1 cup virgin coconut oil
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- zest of 1 lemon
- 4 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. cream of tartar
- 1 1/2 tsp. lemon juice
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon coconut milk
- 1 cup toasted coconut, for sprinkling on cookies
- Beat butter, oil, and sugars in a large mixing bowl until combined.
- Beat in eggs, vanilla, lemon zest and lemon juice.
- Combine flour, baking soda, and cream of tartar in a large bowl and whisk together.
- Gradually add in flour mixture, beating until combined. Be careful to not overmix.
- Line baking sheets with parchment paper, and drop tablespoons of dough onto prepared baking sheets.
- Bake at 375 for 8-11 minutes, or until cookies are just set. Edges and bottoms should be golden brown.
- Move to wire racks to cool.
- In a standing mixer, mix together butter and sugar. Mix on low speed until well blended, then increase speed to medium and beat for another 3 minutes. Add lemon zest and coconut milk, then beat on medium speed for 1 minutes or until frosting is smooth and creamy.
- Frost cooled cookies and sprinkle with toasted coconut.
Pair these delicious coconut lemon cookies with an ice cold glass of watermelon lemonade for a fruity and refreshing combo. Cool off even more by rinsing off with a bar of our new Coconut Lemon Soap, handcrafted with lively lemon essential oil and organic coconut milk, for the perfect end to a sunny summer day.